The Institute is recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to University of Mumbai. Rev. Brother Paulus Moritz of Germany has founded the Congregation of the Franciscan Brothers in the year 1901 with the vision of reaching out to the poor and the less privileged.In the year 2002 the Society established ‘St. Francis Institute of Management & Research’ (SFIMAR); to impart quality education in the field of Business Management.
Yes. This PGDM Program is Approved & Recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and DTE, Maharashtra.
This PGDM Program is a two years full time.
a) A candidates must have passed a Three Years Bachelor’s degree examination with minimum of 50% in any faculty of Mumbai University or an examination recognized by Mumbai University as equivalent thereto.
b) Candidate must have appeared for MAH CET, CAT, MAT, ATMA, XAT, GMAT, CMAT.
Learners will have to spend everyday 8 to 10 hours for their contact sessions and or filed visit etc.
This PGDM program is a unique ‘Three Dimensional’ program
This PGDM Program offers ‘Functional Specialization’, ‘Sectorial Specialization’ & also provides opportunities for imbibing transformational leadership qualities in a student for societal development.
The functional specialization proposed to be offered are, (subject to adequate number of students opting for specific specialization)
» Human Resources
» Retail Management
» Advertising & Public Relations
» Global Business
» Urban Infrastructure Management
* Note: Proposed Functional & Sectorial Electives will be oﬀered subject to minimum number of 10 students opting for particular elective.
The Sectorial specialization proposed to be offered are, (subject to adequate number of students opting for specific specialization)
- Financial Markets
- Banking & Insurance
- Retail Management
- International Business
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Tourism Management
- Telecom Management
- Construction & Infrastructure Management
This PGDM is a Two Years Full Time Program consisting of 6 trimesters
The PGDM Program is divided into six trimester as under
|NO. OF COURSES
|NO OF HOURS
|BUILDING BLOCKS OF MANAGEMENT
|PRIMER TO SPECIALIZATIONS
We believe in “Andragogy” and not “Pedagogy”. In pedagogy emphasis is on transmitting the content, whereas Andragogy facilitates the acquisition of content. We encourage learner to identify their learning needs and help them achieve those needs, in short Student Centric. Learning programs are organized around life application, in other words Performance Centric. Learning in this PGDM program will be Active rather than Passive. Specific tools are:
- Problem Solving through Case Studies.
- Outbound Training / Live Projects / Business Modelling and Analytics
- Simulation Labs
- Business Plan
- Learning through Movies & Films
- Self Managed Teams
- Brain Storming House
- Business News Discussion & Analysis
- Shadowing Assignments
- Research Projects
- Parents-Learner- Institute-Industry Interface
Every Learner will be evaluated both on objective basis and subjective basis as under
|Term End Examination
The selected few differentiators of this PGDM Program are
- Most contemporary syllabus designed in consultation with industry and academic experts
- One entire Term dedicated to Academia-Industry Integrated Internship
- A term dedicated to Societal Sensitivity and Add-on Skill development through various training programs & certifications such as Advance Excel, SPSS, NCFM, RAI, etc
- Holistic Learning & Development of Leadership Traits
- Three dimensional program
- Intensive Learner Centric & Performance Centric
The institute has an active Career Management Centre headed by an experienced Placement Officer and dedicated placement executives who continuously interact with company and organizes Campus Placements. As of today more than 200 companies have recruited our students in various capacities.
Yes. SFIMAR is a ten year old (rather we would say young & vibrant) management institute. It has an Alumni Association with a strong network of more than 700 ex-students rather managers working in distinguished positions in the industry.
Following ORIGIONAL documents are required during Personal Interview.
- Written Test Score Card – If original score card is not available at the time of interview, please bring printout of online registration/score card
- Class X Mark sheet
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Last Year Graduation Mark sheet (If you are appearing for final year exams, provide with latest exam Mark sheet)
- Convocation Degree and Passing Certificate
- Work Experience Certificate as applicable
- Extra-Curricular Activities if any (District Level, State level, National level etc.)
Institute has in campus hostel facility. For that Monthly rent is Rs. 5500/- approx excluding mess charges.
Highest Salary – INR 8.0 LPA
Average Salary – INR 4.5 LPA
Institute is organizing Field Visit, Domestic Industry and international industry visit for the students.
DETAILS OF INDUSTRY INSTITUTE INTERACTION –
Industry Visit for PGDM Batch of 2019-21 was conducted from 17th to 19th October, 2019. The places visited were Pune and Mahabaleshwar.
Students visited to Parle Products, KNEST Aluminum Formwork Company, Mala’s fruit products along with sight visit to Table land & Parsi point, Panchgani Market, Mapro’s shopping outlet, Lingmala waterfall.
Details of Field Visit
• PGDM Finance Students visited NSE
• PGDM Marketing Students visited Godrej Industries
• PGDM HRM & Operations Students visited IPCA Laboratories (and many more…..)
International Industry visit is required to enhance student’s personality as well as knowledge. In this industry visit Industry leaders, top professionals, entrepreneurs, policymakers and global gurus will share their wisdom, insight and experiences. Such interaction helps students greatly in career development, developing leadership…
– Dr. Sulbha Raorane, Director
The main objective of the global industry visit is to provide a unique experience to the students and exchange and share good practices which could be replicated to improve the efficiency, production and competency in their respective field of study. This presents the student with opportunities to plan, organize and engage in active learning experiences outside the classroom.
The student involvement at all stages of the global industry visit motivates them and helps them take full advantage of all learning opportunities presented. This brings a different dimension to students’ learning, which they cannot gain in the classroom as well as helping to bridge the gap between industry and academia.
- Exposure to better industrial and business practices in progressive economies
- Interaction with faculty and students from your field of study in another country
- Get to know business skills in a global context encouraging cultural interaction
- Develop an appreciation for travel and form a better world view
- Understand campus and culture of a different country and many more….
- Great Experience for Personality grooming
(Details of International Industry Visit for the Batch of 2018-20 is as follows )
SFIMAR organized International Industrial visit for PGDM Batch 2018-20 at Singapore and Malaysia from 11 Nov. to Nov.17, 2019 (5 Days 4 Nights).
International Industry visit to Singapore Malaysia brings clarity to important management concepts. We saw the best practices opted by different companies which was really a learning experience of all of us. The sessions at Binary University & Singapore chamber of commerce and industry, was deep motivational sessions for all of us and especially who wants to become Entrepreneur in future.
Industries/sight visit covered at Malaysia is as follows.
- Putrajaya Tour
- Batu Caves
- City Tour
- Visit to Matic Chocolate Factory
- Visit to YAKULT Factory
- BINARY UNIVERSITY
- Entrepreneur Hub visit (Singapore chamber of commerce and industry)
- Experiential Singapore Tour, Cable car etc
- Gardens by the bay Light Show
- Singapore Zoo, Maritime Sea Aquarium
- Night Safari
Along with PGDM Program Institute provides various certification program like advance excel training program, NISM certification course on Equity and Investment trading, French Language Basic level training and certification, various relevant workshop certification like GST workshop, Project Management Workshop, Graphics Workshop etc.
This is the list of Certification Program conducted at SFIMAR for the academic year 2018-19.
C-1 Graphics Training
C-2 Workshop on Good & Service Tax (GST)
C-3 French Language C-4 Cambridge English Certification
C-5 NISM Certification on Equity and Stock Trading
C-6 Mock Stock
C-7 Youth leadership and People Skill (YLPS)
C-8 Advance Excel Training
C-9 Certificate in Alternate Investment Industry (CAII)
C-10 Workshop on Financial Modelling
C-11 HRM Automation Certificate Training
C-12 Digital Marketing
C-13 IOT Workshop
C-14 Project Management
C-15 Proposed Analytical Skills
SFIMAR offers counselling services to the students from well-known Clinical Psychologist and Hypnotherapist. Student’s mental and emotional well-being is taken care of by providing individual as well as group counselling sessions.
Focused sessions on stress management, effective communication, time management, goal settings and holistic development of students are regularly conducted.
These sessions are useful in overcoming problems related to stress, anxiety, peer pressure and also guides them to cope up with studies and deal with competition in a healthy way.
In the weekly timetable special slots are reserved for counselling facilities. Students who wish to take advantage of this facility can meet counsellor at that spot. In case of emergency they can take appointment of counsellor on the same day.